Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

1.15.2013

Sundays

All things considered, I am writing this blog so I don't forget the little things that are important to me. Some entries may seem a little more journal-like than blog-like. That said, I love Sunday this year! All two weeks. The first Sunday, our ward changed from 12-3 to 9-12. I love it! Miraculously, we do better at the whole being-on-time thing when church is earlier.

Relief Society was interesting. I am recommitting to contributing to the lessons and following along better. Sunday school (Chase and I teach the 16-17 year olds) was awesome. Chase is the teacher, and I contribute comments. I am amazed how much he knows about the scriptures. This lesson, we ended up accidentally teaching the wrong one, but it was perfect. Chase introduced D&C. He always finds a way to talk about his mission during his lessons, which is perfect considering we have a bunch of boys who are within two years of serving. Finally, sacrament meeting. Fast and testimony meetings can bring a number of emotions. But never in my life have I ever loved a testimony meeting so much. Every person that stood talked about how blessed we are to have children. Our prego neighbor, Bonnie, who had just been released as primary chorister, spoke. A few kids got up. And so did Chase. The last time I bore my testimony in church, without a talk assignment, was probably 5 years ago (For records sake, I can remember baring my testimony four times; When my dad broke his back, once when I was in high school, and at the Ogden High Senior Seminary night, and in my ward in Boulder). And I have heard Chase speak in church a handful of times, but this was the first fast and testimony meeting that I have seen him stand. He talked about how his wife loves to listen to general conference on her new iPhone (and just the way he said "My wife"... it will never get old). It's true, I love the LDS app. He said that one night I had fallen asleep listening to "Help Them Aim High" by President Henry B. Eyring at the last priesthood session. He talked about how grateful he is that he had a dad who helped him aim high, and how one day he wants to do the same for his kids. For now, though, he said he is honored to have the opportunity to help the kids in our class aim high. I melted. I love him. I left that meeting filled with the spirit and in love with all the little kids in our ward, and proud of the man I married. He will be a great dad one day.

The following week was Stake Conference. Elder L. Tom Perry was the visiting authority. Chase and I have inconveniently been out of town, or otherwise missed stake conference since we moved into our ward nearly a year and a half ago. I am so glad we were able to attend this conference. The overwhelming theme was temple work. The challenge is not longer to attend the temple regularly. The new challenge is to find and do the work for your own dead. I have yet to do any family history work for my family. I am excited to get started! One of my favorite things about general and stake conference, is the overwhelming feeling of, "You're doing great". I never leave the meetings discouraged, which sometimes surprises me because I have a lot of room to grow! I used to take tons of notes and try to make crazy goals during conferences. But, since I have been to the temple, I have changed my mind. It's not about remembering the words, it's about remembering the feeling, and acting on that feeling. A new word I have been using to describe this thought is "marinate". If I hear the words and feel the spirit, the words and thoughts will marinate and stick with me so I can build and grow from them. All the time, I am more and more grateful for my membership in the church and my knowledge of Christ. Chase and I were talking on our way home from the Sunday session about what my dad calls "The Dart Board Theory". There is a figurative dart board, and each hole represents a walk of life. From the Kate Middleton, to the slave mother in the south, to the settlers of Utah, to the slums of South America; everyone throughout time has a dot on the board. Now consider your dot: how blessed are you to have "thrown your dart" and have it land where you are? The probability of getting my dot is slim; a great family, born into the gospel, living in this day in age, attending school, finding my husband. Every dot that surrounds mine is someone through time that has lived in poverty and sickness. The majority of dots have no knowledge of the gospel. The fact that I got my dot is something to be grateful for. I think it's pretty thought provoking.

Finally, I am here at Lauren and Seans's place in Murray. Lauren work's today so I get to play with Huddy all day! It's nap time, so it's blog time. He is the sweetest baby. He is so good, so cute, so perfect. He plays and giggles and spits up and it's all perfect. I have said this before; there is good reason Lauren was first. I totally believe in birth order. I can't imagine our family without Lauren first. I am so glad I can learn from her in all aspects of life, especially how to be the perfect new mama. On another Fowler note, Lauren and Sean are moving to Bountiful soon, yay! Twenty minutes closer to my favorite people. I haven't seen the house yet, but it will be perfect for the three of them, I am sure.

I have known Chase for just over six years now, and I honestly learn something new about him all the time. I love that boy, more than I ever thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment