Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

12.15.2013

The Beginning of the Season

First, this week was Connie's birthday, happy birthday! What a fabulous woman she is. Tony made dinner (take out Costa Vida) and we all watched the Carry Underwood remake of The Sound of Music. 
The same week was the last week of finals and it was packed with fun (aweful) projects (busy work). I quit working at El Matador the week of Thanksgiving so that finals would be that much more manageable. And I am glad I did. By the time Friday night came, Chase and I were both ready for a fun weekend. Chase and I headed to Park City for the Tanner company Christmas party. It's always a very formal affair. The event took place at the beautiful Stein Erickson hotel. The drive up through perfectly lit trees and a slow falling snow was romantic. The party was darling; an opening social with exotic cheeses and nuts, dried fruits, hot cocoa, and a view that kills. The company is lovely too; everyone is so friendly. The food was filling to say the least. The entertainment was Peter Brianholt and his band. He ended the night with the whole group singing Silent Night. I love this season. 

Chase and I had planned on staying in Deer Valley that night, but we got a call from our neighbor; Chase's car alarm was going off! We had no way to fix it so we had to go home. The next night, we decorated the tree. I love the fancy, formal trees. I really do. However, I adore the Charlie Brown, memory lane, eclectic tree more. Looking at our tree is like a scrap book; totally mismatched and meaningful. I love the ornaments from our first Christmas. The gardening angel that my grandma Pat gave me. The pop can that chase painted. And the three ballerinas that my mom have me. I think she may have been trying to tell me something. Then we decided to go back up to Park City during a snow storm, but not before Chase gave a poor guy at a bus stop a ride to work. Such a sweetie. We went to dinner at Kneader's to warm up with some soup, headed to the outlets for some killer shopping, and went to the house for the night. In the morning, Chase's car decided to give us more fits; on the way home we thought the transmission was going out on the freeway. It turns out we had run out of gas! Apparently the electrical is having issues because the gage said we had 40 miles left! It turned out to be an adventure though. We were able to roll up an exit ramp, walk a block to a gas station and buy a gallon. And a hot chocolate of course. It was fun! 

Aaaaand the fun promptly ended when we got home; finals week. Chase manages to work and do REALLY well on his finals. I managed to study all day everyday and barely survive. Waiting for scores to come back is a sickening feeling. But being done with my very last full time semester ever feels euphorious (unless I do a PhD... In 20 years). 

On Tuesday of finals week we attended the Utah Broadband Christmas party. It was so so fun! We went to Hale Theater for the performance of The Christmas Carol- I highly recommend it! It's quite something. We then had dinner at the theater catered by Goodwood- delish! And just when we thought the night was over, the owner got up and announced a company tradition- Costco giftcards!! What?? We had 30 minutes to spend $300 or give it up. It was a blast! They closed the whole place down for us to run around like crazy. It was the funnest!! 

The next night, I was able to go to The Forgotten Carols with Lauren and my mom (ok, so finals week wasn't all pain). Some people hate it, some people love it. We had never been, and we loved it. It's definitely cheesy, but there is sub a sweet message. And wow, Kurt Bestor's son has an amazing voice! We enjoyed it. 

And the end of the week, we started a new tradition! Love traditions. Megan, Connie and I went to Salt Lake for a girls night! We checked in to the Marriott (right next door to Nordstrom!). Such a perfect location. First thing, we went to... Nordo's!! Duh. We shopped hard for a couple hours before having dinner at Sixth and Pine- cuddos to Connie for making a reservation or we would not have eaten at all... And for the little red envelopes. Hello! Afterwards we shopped some more before heading to the hotel for the night. NOT. We decided we neeeeeeded ice cream. Have you been to the Harmon's on State Street? Can there be a pretty grocery store? Yes, and Harmon's is it. We each got our own pint of ice cream (Ben and Jerry's whaaaaat) and a beverage and breakfast. Bagels and shmear. After realizing we totally over estimated how much dessert we needed, we laid around talking till 3 am. Waking up, we all felt hungover, whatever that feels like. Nonetheless, we shopped more! We ate more! And we gabbed like school girls the whole time. I must disclose; we went into baby gap and all about died. We need babies in this family! No pressure on either of us, but that will be a fun time whenever it comes! Finally, we got pedicures. How could Connie have planned that any better? My shopping feet needed it! Thank you, Connie and Tony and Megan, for a perfect weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment