Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

5.09.2014

365 Days Later

So, one year ago today I wrote a post about the demise of my running career. I promised that I only needed one year. One year and I would be back. I had a perfect plan that couldn't fail that would get me back into running shape all while healing my knee. I didn't stick to it as closely as I hoped I would. I think I am actually in about the same shape. I have done some running, but not enough. The developments pretty much include buying a road bike and taking running easy like the last few years. I am doing a 5k Dirty Dash and Ragnar in June, so that will be fun. In order to train for Ragnar I bough some Altera zero drop ultra fusion square toe box shoes that I really love. I have had the normal knee pain around 20-30 minutes of running, but just this week I did a run that included substantial downhill without pain - I'll take it! I am pretty much praying I can get through Ragnar without a problem, and after that I will reassess. I am disappointed in my lack of improvement in running, but I am excited about biking! I am doing a relay in June that I am also training for, so that should be a blast. I am hoping I won't have to replace running with biking, because I hope that biking will help my knees and my strength. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment