Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

9.23.2015

5 Weeks and 3 Days---7 weeks and 1 day

Friday Sept. 11th, I went to see Dr. Barton for my first prenatal visit. We talked briefly for a few minutes before he did an ultrasound. There was not a lot to see, but it was still really neat. I could see the little black dot that is the gestational sac with a small gray line on the top side of the sac that is the yolk sac. The primary purpose of having an ultrasound this early is to make sure that the embryo implants in the uterus, and not anywhere else. So, we got all the good news we needed.

We have known about our tiny bean for a whole week. It's been fun to keep it our little secret, even if it is was only a week.

That night we went to a University of Utah football game with Lauren and Sean. We were not planning on telling anyone for at least another week., but it just came out! When the boys went to get drinks, Lauren said, "Did I tell you that the doctor said Reagan can have milk?" I said, "No. Did I tell you I am pregnant?" Needless to say, she was surprised because I had told her I was getting an IUD two weeks earlier. She was really excited, and then we told Sean, and he was excited too.

On Sunday, we were at my mom's house. I told Hudson I had a baby in my tummy, which he understands to a certain degree because he knows Reagan is a baby and he knows Whitney's belly was big because she had a baby in her belly. When I told Hudson, he said, "Where?" Then I bribed him to tell Grandma if I promised to by him a toy car. Here's the video....

That night, we went to Chase's family party at his parents house for Jeff's birthday. We picked up a card on the way over and taped the ultrasound on the back, and wrote a note inside. Here's the video...

On Tuesday I was 6 weeks. Here is a picture...


On Thursday, I went to Avery's soccer game. I love going to these games! Such a fun part of fall. After the win, I had Hudson tell Avery too. Her reaction was pretty good! Here is the video...

On Saturday, I helped mom with a yard sale, then went to Zach's crit in downtown Ogden. It is a square block lap race on the roads. SO COOL! It was really fun to be able to watch the whole thing. And he won! And in all the excitement I forgot to tell him the news.

That night we helped with the ward party and raced down to Market Street Grill in Cottonwood heights for an early birthday dinner for Avery. Hudson wasn't there so I just texted Zach from the other side of the table "I'm pregnant." He was really cute and excited.

On Sunday, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Thomas's house after dinner. Chase said, "Hey I have a story." And with everyone's attention said, "Chloe's pregnant!" It was fun to tell more family. I will tell my family as soon as I see them.

And just like that, I am seven weeks and one day today! I had my second ultra sound. Chase has a hard time making it all the way from Ogden from school to IMC in Murray, so my mom came with me. We got to see the heart beat! It was a good, fast beat of _____. Here are some pictures and a video. I think it looks like a gummy bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment