Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

11.24.2015

Gender Reveal!

It's a GIRL! When Chase and I were talking the night before we found out, we were both 50/50. But the next day, I felt like it was a girl. When we were driving to the hospital for our appointment, Chase said, I want a girl. And during the ultrasound, we kept looking for anything that made us think it wasn't a girl, and we didn't see anything! Dr. Barton checked several times at various angles and didn't see anything (besides a couple of little lines that are her girl parts). He said he is 80-90% sure it is a girl. And we are SO happy! Here are some pictures and video...

I didn't get emotional when we found out because I wasn't surprised! Then in the car after I thought of sweet baby Reagan and got a little teary. I am so, so excited.

We have already chosen a name: Kate. No middle name. Just Kate. I love how it is sweet for a baby, a little girl, and sophisticated for an adult and grandma! And the full name, Kate Reynolds, sounds so good! I just love it. We have loved this name for a long time, so I am really grateful that we get to use it on our first baby.

On our drive up to Ogden to our gender reveal party, we talked about things we will get to do with a girl. Chase will get to learn how to do pig tails, and he will screen all of her dates. Kate and I will go back to school shopping and I will drive her to lessons. I am so glad Chase and I get to do this together.

When we got to the gender reveal party at my mom's house, it was hard not to tell family first! But when everyone got there, family and friends, we had each person pick a guess (pink or blue/green sticker), write a name suggestion on the sticker, and wear it around. If you guessed girl, you stood in front of the pink streamers and blew up a pink balloon. And blue for boy. The blue balloons didn't blow up, and the pink ones did! I am so glad we decided to do a little party, it was really fun! Here are some pictures...

I am so relieved to know the gender (and have a name picked out!). Now we will register, get the nursery ready, and wait! We have another appointment December 23rd at 20 weeks and 1 day. This is the big ultrasound where all the little details are checked, and gender can be re-confirmed by the more sophisticated ultrasound. Next up, though, is a First Time Parent class at IMC on December 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment