Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

8.02.2016

Back to Work for Mom!

Today was my first day back to work since Kate was born. She is 12 weeks and 1 day old. I am going back Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4. I was so nervous about going back to work! The night before, I got teary with Dad in bed. I wanted to stay with my baby! I was so nervous about having someone else take care of Kate. I didn't want Kate to feel too much stress from being driven around, not being home, not being with me, etc. This morning, Kate woke up right in time for me to feed her, and I got her all ready to go. It made it so much easier that Chase took her, rather than having me drop her off. Kate spent the day with Megan, Tony, and Connie. She did great! She slept her usual 30-40 minutes, and played for 90 or so minutes. She ate 4 ounces after each nap. Basically she is perfect! She is such an easy baby.

Work went well too. I was so relieved with how smooth it all went. I was able to relax and get back into work. I am really grateful I have family willing to help care for Kate, and a fantastic job, boss, and co-workers that made the transition so smooth.

That night Kate and I snuggled and I gave her a pedicure! SO DARLING. There are few things cuter than painted baby toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment