Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

5.21.2011

Spectacles

Today I had the privilege of watching my little sister run. For those who have never been to a big track meet, you might find the following to be a bit dramatic-- it was moving to see Avery run. She ran six races in two days. Twelve laps in total of pure guts. In one particular race, she moved some to tears. One of her coaches described watching her run as spiritual. She is a very talented athlete, but more than that she works her butt off. And even more than she works and prepares for races, she can hurt better than anyone out there. She pushes herself so hard. The ability to put success above pain is something not everyone can do. But she... she can definitely do it. More specifically, in one of her races she was neck and neck with a girl from another team for about the last 200 meters of an 800 meter leg of the medley relay (she had also gained about 30 meters after getting the baton in 7th place). In the last 100 meters she went so hard, that she literally collapsed on the track as she crossed the finish line. It was so cool! Tough as nails. I love track, always will, but I doubt I will see too many races that are more impressive than today. Well done sugar.

While I was in Provo, I found wedding shoes! I found out that my dress will be finished this week! I bought a temple dress(my wedding dress isn't pure white)! I picked up announcements so we can send them this week! Slowly but surely, it's all coming together!

I also had the opportunity to attend the wedding of a good friend, Danielle Talbot now Anderson. Today she wed Justin Anderson for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. The reception was beautiful, the bride was GORGEOUS! and I couldn't be more happy for them both. And the bridesmaids had some really awesome shirts :) Tonight made me look forward to our big day so much more! I love weddings! And I am so excited to have a cute pair like Justin and Danielle to have as married friends!

Side note: Crossfit is bomb.

Last but not least, congrats to all of those who conquered the marathon this morning! Well done, whether it was a part or the whole 26.2. A particular shout out to my bridesmaid Eminemily, my new running partner. We start Monday!

25 days until I wed my best friend. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Loved that post.... your day sounds like it was filled with goodness... not any type of goodness... but the result of hard work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lub you Chlo :) thanks for the shout out. can't wait for the half next year! :)

    ReplyDelete