Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

5.09.2013

The Color Run: Austin

The Color Run is a company based in Draper, Utah that started last year. They are already worth $30 million. The product is a 5k fun run with colored corn starch added in as a twist. We have some fab relatives (thank you Green family) that hooked Chase and I up with the opportunity to work for The Color Run as "weekend warriors". We basically show up at the airport on Wednesday, fly to a destination (Austin, Texas!), and work for three days, then fly home on Sunday. All expenses paid, plus a pay check. It was so fun! It's long hours of work, but it's so worth it! We got to meet 30 of the funnest people and work with them for the weekend. The highlights of the trip were many; dinner on Friday night was epic. We went to Rudy's, "the worst BBQ in Texas". You order at the counter, sit at picnic tables, and eat the best BBQ on the planet. It's just an awesome atmosphere. I will definitely return if I ever make it back to Austin. Highlight two; the bull ride. As we walked down 6th street, the most happening street in the city, we see a mechanical bull through a window in a bar. It was like 7 pm so it was a very mellow bar. After begging my way in (I didn't think to bring my ID with me because I wasn't planning on ending up in a bar...) I rode the bull! It seriously was so fun! Chase timed me and I rode for over 3 minutes! I waddled around like a penguin for two days because my legs hurt so bad, but it was worth it! Highlight three: getting Chase mostly to myself for a few days. We were working, but we got to see each other more than we do when we are home. I tell you, this guy is the best.

I guess I should throw in that I got my acceptance letter to the MTAX program at Weber State while we were boarding the plane for Austin. I was so happy, I can't wait to pay tuition!! But seriously, I am honored to be able to earn a graduate degree. Some people never get the chance. Others never realize the kind of opportunity it is, and just let it slip by. And, granted, some don't want a graduate degree. I want one.

I have now been to one week of 18 credit hours of master's level course work. I really like it! I said like, not love. It's hard work. It's also hard being at school everyday until 9 pm. I keep thinking Chase and I will have normal schedules at some point. For the next 8 months, it's night classes. I have to say I am really grateful that I have the professors that I do; quality professors make or break it. And I get my three favorite teachers for nearly the entire program. Now all that's left to do is find a suitable job for the next 8 months. Granted, I realize I should have done this like two months ago. But I found myself content with the option of having a few weeks break after my internship. Hopefully by the end of next week a job will be secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment