Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

3.22.2016

33 Weeks

We are ready! I had another baby shower this weekend at Connie's house and we got our crib, mattress, and several other necessities and luxuries. So many generous people that want to help us bring Kate home! Connie also made us a quilt for Kate and it is so precious. It is perfect and Kate will cherish it forever. That very night Chase set the crib up. We also got some drawers for the closet and finished organizing her clothes. The nursery is coming together and it is darling! We also started placing frames to hang all around the house. After the shower at Emily's this weekend, I am going to do laundry, put the carseat base in the car and pack my hospital bag. The big day is getting so close! I am reading a book called "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way." It is by far my favorite of the several I have read. I am glad I read the others first, but this one is more like a class in a book. It was step by step helps for labor. I am feeling more and more prepared all the time. I think Chase is too. I make a point each night to share something I liked or something I learned with him. I also gave him a copy of the birth plan that has specific instructions and ideas in it for him. We also had a conversation about how I need him to be more supportive of me and doing an un-medicated birth, and he has changed his tune since. Lauren has asked to borrow some of my books too so she can help me. Such a relief! I didn't think to ask for that, but I am really glad she is doing that so she can help both Chase and I when it gets hard. We are still undecided about who will be in the room with us during delivery, but I am trying not to worry about it too much.

I am offically getting uncomfortable. Today, Kate has hardly stopped moving ALL DAY. She particularly like kicking my right side between my hip and ribs. It's good to know she is in there, but I wish she would be gentle! And I have started gaining weight again. I have started putting weight on again, a few pounds this week. I have my 34 weeks check this Friday! After that, I will be checked weekly from 36 weeks on.

Chase and I have both said we think she is going to arrive early. Not only because we hope she comes around May 1st, right after Chase's finals, but it just feels so close! Everything is coming together so well. I am planning on May 1st, but I wonder if she will come even earlier. We are both too excited! Seven more weeks seems too long right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment