Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

3.29.2016

34 Weeks

What a week! On Friday, Alfie turned one year old! I didn't think it would be such a big deal, but Chase and I sat in bed Thursday night and gushed over the pictures from the last year. He's so sweet! He really is a good puppy. We have been really consistent about taking him on walks over the last few months. We go from our house over to Toleman Elementary School and do laps around the school so he can run around without a leash. He loves it! And it's good for us too. Chase and I get a chance to talk each night (most nights). We usually go after dark so there aren't kids at the park. It has become a favorite ritual for me. Plus, it's good for this mama to get her body in motion after sitting all day at work. Anyway, Alfie sure is a sweet puppy and I love having him around.



On Saturday I had my last baby shower. Isn't that something? If I have a girl next, I will probably not have another shower again, ever! If number two is a boy, maybe there will be a shower. It's just so crazy how time goes by. Emily hosted, with London and Sarah. It was so fun! Again, people are so generous. I got a few things I needed, a few darling outfits, etc. But my favorite gifts were the picture of Christ for Kate's nursery from my mom, and the labor care package from Lauren, and the "I am a child of God" print from Avery. Such perfect additions to the nursery. Lauren called her friend Katie who has done two un-medicated births and got some tips for me; gatorade, pretzels, essential oils, and thinking of the Atonement. In RS on Sunday someone read a quote that essentially said, Christ did not have to go through with physical pains and anguish, he chose to. So I have that to think about during labor and delivery. I am looking forward to the big day more and more! And praying all the time for, first, a healthy baby, and second, a manageable labor and delivery. I don't need easy, I just need manageable.

And how appropriate considering Sunday was Easter! Chase taught his first ever Gospel Doctrine class, and I had to fight tears the whole time. I was beaming with pride. He is such a natural speaker and teacher. And he just gets it. I loved his approach, his style, and I am looking forward to his next lesson. What a cutie. I am so grateful that he is mine, and Kate's. He has mentioned before, and he mentioned in his lesson, that his dad doesn't use punishment, he just uses natural consequences. The natural consequence of breaking a rule is a removal of a privilege. He tied it into his lesson (2 Nephi 31-33), but it made me think how lucky I am to have the father of my kids have such concerted parenting style before the birth of his baby. He is already thinking of how he can emulate the things he likes about his parents style in our family. His lesson was on the Doctrine of Christ, his mission theme chapters. He obviously knew his material from all sides and the discussion with the class was perfect. I am so proud of him! And I am glad it is him and not me!



Chase also got to go shadow in the OR on Monday! He looks good in scrubs! He watched eight cataract surgeries by Dr. Sykes. He loved it! This week we started talking about the possibility of doing Military for medical school. We need to look into it more to weigh pros and cons. More details to come!



We spent Easter dinner with my family at my mom's house. The whole crew came, including dad, Grandpa Merrill and Joan. It was good. Casual and low key. Our family may have some issues, but we can still make it work. Mom did her traditional basket hunt, but this year my basket was not as hard to find considering I am enormously pregnant. Hudson helped me find my basket and he was so proud. I love that nugget.



On Monday, Chase and I went to visit Sally, my sweet aunt. She is the eldest of my dad's siblings. She has had severe physical handicaps her whole like, but her mental abilities are only slightly diminished. She has more personality than anyone I know. So much spunk, and she never complains. Over the last few years, her physical condition has gotten worse. And on Friday, she took a really bad turn. She is on hospice now, and goes in and out of sleep by the second. She is being kept comfortable until she passes. My poor grandpa has had to see his sweet wife and now Sally go through a long and painful deterioration before death. I am hoping she doesn't suffer much longer, and that Grandpa and Annie are able to cope with their loss. Annie is in good health, but Grandpa has started to show signs of Alzheimer's disease, what killed Grandma Pat. He is doing well enough though, and I hope he can care for Sally in her last days and Annie while she is well. He has had a long, hard life, and I know he will get his rest at some point.

And now, an update on Kate! I had an appointment on Friday and everything still looks really good. I thought maybe my fluid could be low because of the sharp pains in my pubic bone, but I have plenty of fluid. I have gained about 34 pounds now, a sharp increase from the 25 I had gained about 2-3 weeks ago. Dr. Barton says my cervix looks completely un-dilated and un-effaced. That's a good sign at 34 weeks. A few days ago, Kate's movements changed from dull pressure that was not painful (even when she would kick my ribs) to very abrupt and painful movements, even when she moves slowly. I don't know what this means. Maybe she is moving into the birth canal? I have another appointment in 10 days, so I will ask then. At that point I will be 36 weeks and Dr. Barton said he will check my cervix vaginally for progression, and do the strep B test. From there, I will have an appointment every week. I am going to St. George for two days with Chase's family at 36 weeks, so hopefully I have not progressed at all at that point. I shouldn't complain too much, considering how smooth the whole pregnancy has gone, but I am officially VERY uncomfortable. I am really hoping she comes most importantly when she is healthy and ready, but I sure hope she comes closer to 38 weeks! Everyday I wonder what she will look like, what he little personality will be like, how she will take to eating and sleeping, etc. Chase and I are both SO ready for her. Come on Kate!


No comments:

Post a Comment