Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

12.08.2015

18 weeks

This last week I felt Kate move twice (I think)! It feels just like everyone describes it; like a flutter of butterfly wings. It is very subtle but so fun! My stomach has also really popped out more this week. And I have finally starting gaining weight! I didn't gain any weight before 15 weeks, but I am about 18 weeks now and I have put on about 4 pounds. Hoping for about a pound per week. I also had heartburn twice his week. It's not bad unless I over eat! Now that Kate can hear, I am listening to Disney/Broadway music on pandora at home and singing at the top of my lungs! I also listen to Josh Groban type Christmas music at work. I also started our registry at Target and Amazon. It's a blast getting ready!

Chase and I went to a "first time parent class" at IMC this week and it was fun! Six couple all expecting came to hear about hospital procedures. Susan, the RN that taught the class,talked about developement, nutrition, and pregnancy a bit. She also showed a part of The Miracle of Life. But my favorite part was  at the end when we went on a short tour of the labor and delivery and maternity wards. So good to see! I now feel much more prepared for being at the hospital!   When we arrive, we check in, pre registered of course! And go to triage for about an hour and make sure it is time to be admitted. My goal is to get to the hospital when I am pretty well progressed! I don't want to be sent home home. Then there are delivery rooms that have showers, tubs, and jetted tubs. I really want a jetted tub for labor (not delivery)! Then they showed us the delivery beds- so cool! I am so happy about the options I will have to labor and deliver with. They have birth balls, squat bars, etc. IMC also has a sacred hour policy- they try to get the baby immediately on mom's chest and do not move the baby for at least an hour. I am SO happy about that! I still need to find out what Chase's options to help deliver and cut the cord are, and ask about delayed cord cutting. The maternity ward is pretty straight forward. They encourage breastfeeding and rooming in, which I am so happy about! They have lactation consultants on staff and breastfeeding classes every morning! To say the least, I feel like my ideal labor, delivery and birth will be supported by the hospital where we have chosen to deliver. Now I need to talk details with my doctor! 

This weekend, Connie, Megan and I did our annual overnight-er in Salt Lake. So fun! We shopped a bit and stayed up until 4 am talking. We talked a lot about birthing and what I want and how it was for Connie. I really like hearing other people's stories and experiences. It makes me feel like I am preparing well and I have a good chance to have the birth I want. I am actually looking forward to the whole thing!! However, regardless of how the process pans out, the end goal is a healthy baby and healthy mom. So I am prepared to do whatever I need to in order to get to that goal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment