Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

8.26.2014

Self Diagnosis

And then, I bled. Maybe TMI, but it was all I could think about that night. It was not two hours after we had told Megan and Jeff that I went to the bathroom and felt a pit in my stomach. I got up several times that night to check, but found nothing. The next morning I thought I was ok, until I found more, and this time it was worse--brighter, wetter, and just more. I called my doctor's office and spoke to a receptionist who told me to wait for a call from a nurse. And I waited. Literally. I got nothing done at work as I starred at my computer screen. When she finally called she asked a bunch of questions and said I should have blood work done "in case you're are having a miscarriage."

I immediately went to IMC, got my blood drawn, and left. A couple hours went by, and no call back. I called and was told the results weren't in yet. I called again two hours later, about 4:30, to catch them before they closed clinic. I learned they close at 4. I frantically, and a little pissed, called the front desk of the hospital and asked for the lab. The lab transfered me to client services. Client services said, "I can read you the numbers, but I cannot interpret them." That's fine. I had done my research. I knew, KNEW, because somewhere out on the web I found, via google, that my hcg levels at 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant should be between 2000 and 5000. "Your quantitative level is 80." Translation--I am having a miscarriage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment