Chloe and Chase Reynolds

Chloe and Chase Reynolds

4.28.2016

38 weeks and 2 days

Yesterday Chase finished his finals (and did so well this semester!), so I went to the store on my way to work and picked up two fresh pineapples, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, and dates. These are all a bunch of old wives tales that supposedly help soften and/or dilate the cervix, which can lead to labor starting or a shorter duration of labor. I ate 90% of the pineapple, two cups of tea, and took 1300mg of EPO morning and night. Chase is also doing his part to get Kate here...And we took Alfie on a long walk around Tolman and up to Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds house. I was having major contractions walking the hill, I had a few at their house, then some more intense ones on the walk down. The contractions persisted when we got home. So after a couple hours, I started timing them. They were about 5-10 minutes apart and last 30-60 seconds. The end of the contraction was hard to track because they would end gradually. Anyway, I had back pain with each one. Around 2 am I thought I really could be in labor and decided to just try to sleep. Then I woke up today at 6:30 not in labor! Darn! I have had several contractions but none quite as intense as last night. So tonight, I am having pineapple, tea and EPO for dinner, and taking Alf on a long walk while Chase is at work. Tomorrow, I am getting my membranes stripped! I am so excited to have Kate here, I want to see her little face! Still hoping for this Sunday, May 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment